Wednesday, May 2, 2012


Our Wagons we Ride


My heart is a wagon,
it's pulled me so far, and has always been true.
It's picked me flowers before
on the trip through my life.
The wagon/my heart has lent me its power,
the house it lives in is mine for me now.

This wagon told me to stop for you there,
to ask you to board,
and sit next to me now.
So here we are, your wagon and mine,
so happy souls these heart wagons of ours.

They're rugged and they rumble through days
and some nights,
even when they part
they are always together,
for wagons like ours, are happier that way.

The sun and the planets had planned this before,
our hearts, our wagons,
they pulled us together,
in the sea of alone, where we once traveled apart.
Here now, the sun's at our backs, and our power has doubled,
wagons like ours can never be stopped.

Our hearts,
on the buckboard of this wagon we ride,
together, no more wander or wonder,
we plow through the stars
and ride wherever we choose,
because in all the universe,
our hearts made it through.

Our wagon is one now as it rolls sweet and true.



GJH 12/28/11

No comments:

Post a Comment