Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I am from


I Am From...
Over years through my life,
I have been struck by moments
when alone.
An urge blooms within me
to question my place inside me.
Who am I?
Me, among needles of grass in a field of green holding to Earth
with all the purchase roots will allow.
I am not alone in this field, the sun feels where I should be.
Then why do questions bother me as splinters in my mind?
All these years without an answer, knowing though, one is here.
So much silence from the flower’s symphony.
The question begs me to ask, but to whom I have never known.
Simple how the trees show me all they know, just by being there, near
where mountains are.
My feet walk me while I question in a circle, until I stand upon one, while we circle another known as sun.
The grass not told to be green, it was born and knew, while I stand upon it and wonder.
And each day I question, the sun reminds me evolution has been whispered. As Earth breaths her breath and oceans hold their storms.
She prods me, stirring trillions, no rush no hurry needed. Finally awakened, my soul has smiled as my body waits for orders. The answers were all forgotten, wrapped in questions within my circle.
All that ever was, ever is, and ever will be, this is where I am from.
GJH 11

No comments:

Post a Comment