Friday, June 1, 2012

So this is Love











So this is Love
The years before
adrift…
to not return again.

Burgs of ice,
In a sea of alone
my heart
lost for sure
to wander and wonder.

By my self
each day a stitch
from what could be.
In mornings and at night
alone.

What mattered most
stayed away.
no warmth in that cold
only dark for days,
and my nights, pillows of empty.

Hope, it was there,
always there,
when suns came up
and rain came down.
Where were you?

Did you hope with me?
Wander and wonder?
Where we were
when we weren’t together.

Days between
when we waited
Snows fell and seasons happened.
We lived apart
time ticked
and leaves fell.

Our eyes searched
we waited
wondered, and wandered
Were we out there?
Just separate for a time?
Would the rain make a river?
And the leaves fall
just so.
Would the light find our faces?
Just yours and mine?

Answer me. I asked.
A thousand ways I looked,
never thought I’d ever
over nights, through all those days
my heart always ready
It knew.

Now we know.
You and I we do.
Those years we were without
In thunderstorms of want.
We have,
we need,
us.

So this is love.

GH 01

No comments:

Post a Comment