Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fire's Place





Fire's Place
I poked the fire and it snarled,
it always does,
but it rewards with kiss of warmth.
toothless, yet it can bite hard, 
burn you.
Heat, I need it, but more needs more
and more I need,
hotter for now, now I need it,
just enough is not enough,
but more is too hot for now.
And,
it angers me, it always does when she 
paws at my thoughts,
she doesn't know it but she does.
The prodding infuriates me,
and I frost by the fire,
an ember in there with it.
Her flames lick me and fire does too.
She knows, she does,
but fire just is.
There, hot, It does what it does.
So does she, eviscerating, burning, it hurts,
I invest in closer, so I pick my pain,
warmer makes me hotter,
and in turn I know I'll burn.
I pine and whisper to me,
shirk the heat and win the burn,
but it's always for just a moment,
because you both will always burn.
gjh 09

No comments:

Post a Comment